THE STYLE SERIES
Hello, you beautiful aspiring food stylist/food blogger/lifestyle influencer/crazy passionate foodie you. You're just the person I was hoping I'd get to hang out with here. I've been styling food professionally for over 6 years (pro work right here) and pastry cooking before that, I'm now crazy passionate about sharing what I've learned with you.
The Food for Style Digital Workshop Courses were designed to give your dream/blog/business/side hustle a huge push forward, fast. You'll have access to the content (including upgrades) for life and 10 percent of the course fee goes directly to charity.
Food Styling & Photography For Your Digital Brand
Up-level your food styling and photography skills for your digital food or lifestyle blog. How to put the best practices of a working photo studio into play at home in your own studio and how to style food like a pro.
- Food styling your shots for social media.
- Food-specific styling modules.
- How to SEO your images and optimize them for the web
- Your not-so-obvious photo equipment
- Planning your shoot day to maximize productivity and the 5 key components of every shot
- Selecting photo-friendly props
Food Styling Bootcamp
An in-depth dive into the practice and profession of food styling covering everything you need to get going fast from business setup to best practices plus ten food specific styling modules.
- Prepping for the job
- Working with clients
- Hiring assistants
- Working alongside other pro's on-set
- Set up your food styling business stat
- Build your essential food styling kit
- Collaborate and build a portfolio
- Market yourself and land clients
How To Get Started (and get hired back) as an Assistant Food Stylist
This is the ideal first course to Food Styling Bootcamp. I get emails ALL the time from people wanting to assist. It's the best way to learn the food styling craft and get your foot in the door. Competition is fierce and second chances are rare but a good assistant is priceless. I was a successful assistant and now, as an independent stylist, I hire them. This insider info is meant to make you that invaluable right hand that every food stylist (including myself) is after AND prepare you for your own solo career. Let's grab coffee together (over the interwebs, that is) and break it all down. We'll talk about how to:
- On-set etiquette
- How culinary school helps and hurts
- The top 3 skills that will set you apart from other assistants (hint: they have nothing to do with cooking.)
We'll talk how to:
- Set up your food styling business in three easy steps.
- Get connected with local food stylists
- Prepare for the shoot day
- Exceed on-the-job expectations